Monday, July 22, 2013

Planning Updates

I have a lot to inform you all about.  Lauren and I have made some real progress in the planning of our trip over the last few weeks.  Last week we bought our plane tickets!!!! We will be flying Turkish Airlines and going through Turkey!  That is moderately scary, but Lauren and I are confident that we can navigate our way across the globe... sort of.
The most confusing part was trying to pick which meal we wanted.  They didn't have a choice for just a normal meal!!! I mean come on! Don't they know that it will be our last western meal?!?!

Another exciting step that I took last week was that I got my international driver's license!  I am going to be honest here: I felt so cool!!  I was practically bouncing off the walls.  I can now drive in China, Brazil, or (most importantly) Burkina Faso.  I felt so cool, but then I looked at the picture and that shrunk my head a little bit.  God sure does have a sense of humor.  Passport pictures (and international driver's license pictures) are awful

I am also happy to inform you all that I did survive my vaccinations, though I think it may have been close one point or another.  I was really scared at various points throughout the day, but I was able to journal and read through some of the encouraging passages in my Bible.  The boys that I nanny were also good for a distraction.  They just could not stop fighting that day!  I can't say that I was too mad at them; they did get me to my appointment time without thinking about my shots too much.

Before I go, I want to remind all of you that are reading this blog about the benefit auction and ice cream social that Lauren and I will be holding on Saturday.  This is our last big fund raiser, but more than that it is a chance to hang out and fellowship with all of you.  We want you all to come, even if you don't want to buy anything. 


As always, please continue to pray for us and for the work that we will be doing while we are in Africa.






No comments:

Post a Comment