Monday, January 20, 2014

Photos of Bekah and Lauren

 I wanted to share some photos with you of what we are doing here in Burkina Faso. We have been able to upload several photos to Facebook, but it is much more difficult to upload them here. While I have good internet in the capital, I would like to share some pictures of Bekah and I so that you can see some of the specifics of what we are up to! 

Bekah working with Harouna, the 2 year old boy who is both blind and deaf. Bekah feeds him twice a day and uses her speakers to help him feel the vibrations of music. Harouna has developed so much with the extra attention that Bekah gives to him on a daily basis. 
Bekah and I get to enjoy some great scenery here in Burkina Faso. Here we are at the Barage, which is a man made lake. We enjoy spending time with the older children, and day trips like this allow us to spend some extra quality time with them. 
I spend my mornings in the secondary school where I assist teaching Bible with our Pastor. Since I am not fluent in French, Pastor Valentin translates for me and sometimes gets a smile out of my explanations that don't quite make sense. 

No comments:

Post a Comment